Monday, March 5, 2007

A minor dilema

How should I post my games and annotations on the blog?

I gave this question a bit of thought and have decided to use Chesspad to annotate my games. The program is simple and elegant (perfect for me); better yet, its also free (shareware). Chesspad is only available for Windows, which poses a problem as I have an iMac at home. I spent an entire evening the other night searching the internet for a comparable program for Mac, but finally gave up. There are a number of programs out there that run on the MacOS, but I just don’t have enough time to invest (read: too lazy) in figuring out a different program. So, for now I’ll use Chesspad on my work laptop.

Chesspad will allow me to paste annotated games into this blog straight from the program. But reading straight annotations and pgn is pretty dry and without a chessboard and a pocketful of patience, not very useful. I’d like to figure out a way to add diagrams to this blog and if possible, be able to play though the games I annotate…

No comments: